Part Time coaches and Intern Coach with possibility of becoming Full Time
Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (Fleet) is seeking a highly motivated, conscientious, nurturing, and energetic coach to fill the role of Age Group Coach for our year-round competitive swim team. Selected Coach will be a team player and will also support the senior coaches and spend time coaching age-group swimmers. The ideal candidate will have high energy and a passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to help drive the club’s growth. This coach will support and carry out the mission of Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club (Fleet) and the philosophy of our coaching staff.
- Provide guidance, feedback and support on training programs for age group swimmers
- On-deck coaching/training of our 12 and under groups and additional support coaching for age groups as necessary
- Work well within team coaching environment. Take direction from Head Coach and Head Age group coach.
- Attendance, leadership and coaching at swim meets
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coaches and team administration.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with our coaches, administrative staff, visiting coaches and parents.
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs and support team activities, including hosted swim meets.
The ideal candidate has:
- Up to date USA Swimming credentials – USA Swimming Registered Coach
- Prefer at least 1 + years with an age group program
- Knowledge and ability to teach technique and stroke mechanics
- Knowledge and ability to set up a season and long term training plan
- Lifetime Growth Mindset – Seeking knowledge and experience to grow as a coach
- Ability and willingness to work with all ages and ability levels
- Prefer Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc)
- Prefer Knowledge of TeamUnify online team management program
- Travel to out of town meets as necessary
- Understand that this position will require working mornings, evenings and weekends
- Must pass a background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Provide a minimum of 3 references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
Reimbursement for travel and team related expenses with prior approval and proper documentation. Team provides funding for coach educational opportunities with prior approval and proper documentation.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
Overtime often available: