Gulf Swimming manages all USA Swimming sanctioned swim meets in southeastern Texas. Our LSC has more than 50 clubs to help swimmers across Houston and the surrounding areas. Gulf Swimming provides opportunities to learn, grow, and strive for excellence that develops leaders through competitive swimming. Our mission is to promote the instruction and training of individuals to improve their capabilities in competitive swimming. We are “competitive swimming for all.”
Where Is Gulf Swimming?
Gulf Swimming (GU) is located in the Southern Zone of USA Swimming. It is that portion of the State of Texas bounded on the north by and including the counties of Shelby, Nacogodoches, Angelina, Houston, Leon, and Robertson, and on the west by and including the counties of Brazos, Grimes, Waller, Fort Bend, Wharton, Colorado, and Matagorda.
Gulf Swimming includes the cities of Beaumont, Bryan/College Station, Galveston, Houston, and The Woodlands, as shown on the map. Neighboring LSCs include South Texas Swimming, North Texas Swimming, and Louisiana Swimming.
Awards and Recognition Programs
The following topics, covered in Handbook: Section 10, provide information about GULF Swimming award and recognition programs:
- Gulf Awards Banquet
- Ladder of Success
- Coach of the Year
- Age Group Coach of the Year
- Bob Stallings Award
- Phillips 66 Award
- The Pauline Phillips Award
The following links provide information about rules governing Gulf Swimming:
- Entry Information for Swimmers and Parents (Handbook: Section 6)
- Gulf Swimming Proof of Times (Handbook: Section 6)
- Gulf Swimming Administrative Rules (Handbook: Section 5)
- Gulf Swimming Technical Rules (Handbook: Section 5)
Safety and Information
Handbook: Section 4 provides information about our safety procedures and insurance, including our insurance summary, Safety Marshall information, and storm emergency procedures. You can find the Report of Occurrence form on our Forms page.
The following links provide additional information about GULF Swimming programs and policies:
- Athlete Representative (Handbook: Section 14 – Bylaws)
- Code of Conduct for Team Activities (Handbook: Section 8)
- Expense Account Form (Forms page)
- Principles on Ethical Behavior and Conflict of Interest (Handbook: Section 14 – Bylaws)
- Statement on Ethics (Handbook: Section 14 – Bylaws)
- Texas Select Camp (Handbook: Section 8)
- Texas Swimming Association Annual Convention (Handbook: Section 10)