We are very excited to present the 2019 Diversity & Inclusion Camp!
The purpose for the Gulf Diversity & Inclusion camp is to instill a vision of success in athletes from ethnically, culturally, and socioeconomically under-represented populations through education and motivation to become leaders not only in the sport, but within their own clubs, our LSC, and in USA Swimming.
Featured Swimmer: Maritza McClendon
- Three-Time World Champion
- 11-Time NCAA Champion
- 27- Time NCAA All American
- Olympic silver medal in 2004 in 400m FR
- First female African American swimmer to make US Olympic team and win a medal
- First African American to break a world record in swimming
- First African American female to hold American Records
When and Where
Saturday, April 13th, 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Johnnie Means Swimming Pool
2727 El Camino St, Houston, TX 77054
What We Need from You:
- 2 Nominations (1 male & 1 female) from Your Club
- Ages 11 & over
- At least 3 BB times
- From one of the ethnically, culturally, and/or socioeconomically under-represented populations including African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Native American
- 2 Additional Nominations (of either gender) to serve as alternates should we have space available
Please send all nominations to Mandy Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22nd.
Coaches! If you are interested in helping our athletes and coaching at this year’s camp, please submit the coaching application by April 1st.