We are very excited to present the second annual Gulf Diversity & Inclusion Camp! We are excited about this experience for our swimmers and providing a stepping stone to the Zone and National Diversity camps.
The purpose for the Gulf Diversity & Inclusion camp is to instill a vision of success in athletes from ethnically, culturally, and socioeconomically under-represented populations through education and motivation to become leaders not only in the sport, but within their own clubs, our LSC, and in USA Swimming.
This camp features Giles Smith:
- 8th Place Finisher in 100 Fly at 2016 Olympic Trials
- Gold Medalist in 100 Fly & Silver Medalist in 400 Medley Relay at 2015 Pan American Games
- Won National Title in 100 Fly at 2014 AT&T Winter National Championships
- Three-time NCAA Championships medalist at Arizona
When and Where
Saturday, April 1st, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Johnnie Means Swimming Pool
2727 El Camino St, Houston, TX 77054
What We Need from Each Coach
We need the following from coaches throughout the GULF LSC:
- 2 Nominations (1 male & 1 female) from Your Club
- 2 Additional Nominations (of either gender) to serve as alternates should we have space available
There is no fee for nominated athletes. We are excited to offer this opportunity for our Gulf swimmers! Please send all nominations to Mandy Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18th.
Coaches! If you are interested in helping our athletes and coaching at this year’s camp, please submit the coaching application by March 18th.