Welcome to Gulfswimming.org
Gulf Champs - IMPORTANT INFORMATION/UPDATES
Important - please read:
Due to the large number of entries, the changes below have been made to the TWST Gulf Champs meet. Please see the revised meet announcement for all additional details.
- Girls and boys 1500 Freestyles will swim on Thursday, July 21, 2016. 2pm warm-up, 3pm start.
- Boys 13&Over 400 Freestyle will swim on Sunday.
- Girls and boys 13&14, 15&O relays will be swum at the end of Finals. The 200 Freestyle relays will be swum on Friday night.
- All morning sessions will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Swimmers may swim ONLY 7 events for the entire meet. Swimmers will be scratched from events if they exceed 7 events. Updated entry files MUST be resubmitted to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 15 at 6:00 p.m. No new hyv file will be posted, please use the current file with the understanding of the changes made to the meet.
- The meet is CLOSED. No new swimmers will be able to late enter or deck enter, however, swimmers already in the meet will be allowed to deck enter other events.
Congratulations to Gulf Olympic Trials Qualifiers
Gulf Swimming is honored to have had 51 athletes representing our LSC at the 2016 Olympic Team Trials for swimming. The Olympic Trials was held in Omaha, Nebraska from June 26th through July 3rd and ended with the announcement of the 2016 US Olympic Team for Rio. A complete list of athletes who have qualified to date is HERE.
As an LSC we would like to congratulate all of the athletes who qualified for Trials!!
North American Challenge Cup (NACC) Team Announced
Congratulations to the 59 Gulf swimmers and 9 coaches named to the Gulf's NACC team listed HERE.
Gulf Swimming is honored to be hosting the North American Challenge Cup this year. The meet will be held August 11th – 13th at the University of Houston with swimmers from Southern California, Pacific Swimming, the Mexican Swimming Federation and Gulf Swimming competing in a prelims/finals meet designed to showcase some of the best swimmers from each LSC. This is the third year of participation by the Gulf, and we are looking to have home pool advantage and bring a full team to the meet.
Swimmers are expected to arrive at U of H on Wednesday, August 10th. We will be staying as a team at the Marriott Courtyard in downtown Houston and traveling by rail to U of H each day for prelims and then again for finals. There will be an Olympic viewing party on the first night and a meet social on the Saturday night after the finals session. Swimmers can be picked up at the hotel Sunday, August 14th by 10am.
2015-2016 Scholastic All-American Applications Open
Applications close August 15th
The application for the 2015-2016 year will be available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2016 to August 15, 2016.
• The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
• Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
• Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
• Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
• Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2015-16 SAA team.
• Applicant must have all application documents completed by August 15, 2016. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.