Welcome to Gulfswimming.org
Catch the Spirit Camp:
Gulf Swimming is looking for enthusiastic and energetic coaches to assist at our upcoming Catch the Spirit Camps. This spring’s clinic will be held at the Spring Branch Natatorium (WW Emmons) on Saturday, March 28th.
The clinic will be split into two sessions:
· Saturday- 10 & Under Session (10:30 AM- 12:30 PM)
· Saturday- 11-14 Session (1:30-5:30 PM)
An honorarium will be paid to the coaches. Please make sure your certifications and registration are current to have your application considered. Applications can be found HERE.
Email this application by Friday, February 27th, to Mandy Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org
TAGS Officials Needed:
Any officials interested in working the upcoming spring TAGS championship meet to be held at TWST please see the attached link.
Randy J LeJeune
USA Swimming National Diversity Camp:
Each spring, USA Swimming invites 48 athletes from underrepresented populations to participate in a three-day camp program which includes pool training, motivational and education sessions and team-building activities. Selection is based on times swum at USA Swimming sanctioned events.
Instill a vision of success and inspire athletes from ethnically under-represented populations to become leaders in the sport of swimming.
Goals: To empower athletes from ethnically under-represented populations and their coaches to:
- Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming.
- Expound the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming.
- Assist in recruiting more swimmers and coaches from diverse ethnicities to the sport of swimming.
- Be positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate.
For more information please check here:
USA Swimming Safe Sport:
USA Swimming's Safe Sport Committee is seeking nominations for its second annual Safe Sport Impact Award. This awards an individual or group who has made an outstanding contribution to the fulfillment of the Safe Sport Committee mission to safeguard all members of USA Swimming from sexual, psychological, emotional and physical abuse.
Please click on the flyer link below for information on the Impact Award nomination process. The deadline to submit nominations is March 31, 2015.
The 3rd Annual Gulf Coaches' Clinic will be held April 10th-12th at the Courtyard Galveston Island Hotel and TownePlace Suites. Speakers will include Lauren Hancock of Conejo Swim Club, Beth Winkowski of Dynamo, Markell Lang of First Colony Swim Team (Physical Therapist and Dryland Specialist) and Tom Avischious of USA Swimming. Clinic registration is $35 if registered by March 20th, $50 between March 20th-March 31st. Hotel reservations are available under the Gulf Swimming block for $99-$149 per night using this link:
Congratulations to Gulf Teams:
The following Gulf teams were recognized by USA Swimming as part of the Club Excellence Program:
Silver Medal Clubs:
- Cy-Fair Swim Club/FLEET
- First Colony Swim Team/FCST
- Magnolia Aquatic Club/MAC
Bronze Medal Clubs:
- The Woodlands Swim Team/TWST
- Eagle Swimming Association/ESA
- Katy Aquatics Team for Youth/KATY
- Premiere Aquatic Club of Klein/PACK
- Sienna Plantation Aquatics/SPA
The Club Excellence Program is a voluntary program that identifies and recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to performance excellence. The program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Promote the development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18&Under athletes;
- Provide recognition and resources to motivate and assist member clubs to strive for the highest ideals of athlete performance.