Welcome to Gulfswimming.org
Catch the Spirit Camp:
Gulf Swimming is proud to bring you the spring 2015 Catch the Spirit Camp!! Registration is now open: REGISTER NOW!!
Clinics will be held at the Spring Branch Natatorium (WW Emmons - 10404 Tiger Trail in Houston) on Saturday, March 28th.
The clinic will be split into two sessions:
· Saturday - Session for ages 7-10 from 10:30 AM- 12:30 PM
· Saturday - Session for ages 11-14 from 1:30-5:30 PM
This year's camp will consist of stations designed to be educational and informative that will include:
- Starts, turns & Breakouts
- Stroke Drill Essentials
- Dry Land - Flexibility & Stretching
- Time Management & Goal Setting (Skills you can use when NOT at the pool to make YOUR routine better and more efficient)
Be sure to register early, as we will only accept 50 athletes per session. All athletes must be registered with the Gulf and USA Swimming in order to participate.
USA Swimming National Diversity Camp:
Each spring, USA Swimming invites 48 athletes from underrepresented populations to participate in a three-day camp program which includes pool training, motivational and education sessions and team-building activities. Selection is based on times swum at USA Swimming sanctioned events.
Instill a vision of success and inspire athletes from ethnically under-represented populations to become leaders in the sport of swimming.
Goals: To empower athletes from ethnically under-represented populations and their coaches to:
- Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming.
- Expound the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming.
- Assist in recruiting more swimmers and coaches from diverse ethnicities to the sport of swimming.
- Be positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate.
For more information please check here:
USA Swimming Safe Sport:
USA Swimming's Safe Sport Committee is seeking nominations for its second annual Safe Sport Impact Award. This awards an individual or group who has made an outstanding contribution to the fulfillment of the Safe Sport Committee mission to safeguard all members of USA Swimming from sexual, psychological, emotional and physical abuse.
Please click on the flyer link below for information on the Impact Award nomination process. The deadline to submit nominations is March 31, 2015.
The 3rd Annual Gulf Coaches' Clinic will be held April 10th-12th at the Courtyard Galveston Island Hotel and TownePlace Suites. Speakers will include Lauren Hancock of Conejo Swim Club, Beth Winkowski of Dynamo, Markell Lang of First Colony Swim Team (Physical Therapist and Dryland Specialist) and Tom Avischious of USA Swimming. Clinic registration is $35 if registered by March 20th, $50 between March 20th-March 31st. Hotel reservations are available under the Gulf Swimming block for $99-$149 per night using this link: